Companies of all sizes are demanding increased functionality from their network security and management solutions that won’t compromise performance. As the threat landscape shifts from known, signature-based threats to zero-day, advanced malware threats, detecting and eradicating them requires a multi-layered approach to security and real-time threat visibility. Delivering the industry’s best-of-breed security with industry-leading performance requires a commitment to product development and continual assessment of how to improve.
Today, WatchGuard was recognized for its commitment to product development and identified as a leader in three categories of Frost & Sullivan’s 2014 Global Analysis of UTM (Unified Threat Management) and NGFW (Next Generation Firewall) Market research study. In the report, WatchGuard outperformed other vendors in Management and Usability, Flexibility, and Value. WatchGuard was also noted in the areas of Performance and Scalability, and Roadmap.
Chris Rodriguez, senior industry analyst for network security at Frost & Sullivan and report author noted, “WatchGuard is an established competitor in the UTM and NGFW market. Their product strategy focuses on visibility, performance and integration of best-of-breed technologies that are simple to use and provide great value.”
Rodriguez highlights specific product and solution benefits that illustrate how WatchGuard achieved its leadership position. These include:
- WatchGuard Dimension’s ability to pinpoint security and performance issues streamlines management and usability.
- The flexibility of WatchGuard’s platform allows integration of only the desired security functionality for increased efficiency and ease of use.
- The consolidation of leading security technologies from best-of-breed providers onto the Fireware®platform delivers exceptional value to users.
- Tuning the platform for optimal use of commercial hardware, such as Intel processors, improves packet processing and enables increased performance and scalability of the platform.
- A roadmap with significant future improvements around Fireware® and other security technologies shows WatchGuard’s continued commitment to product development.
To learn more about how WatchGuard can help move you to the top of the network security food chain, click here.